Monday, November 14, 2016

The Theme of this blog



Due to the devasting results of last week's election results I was pretty down for a few days.  Then I watched SNL's cold open and Katie McKinnon sang the beautiful Hallelujah written by the late Leonard Cohen.  At the end she says "I'm not giving up, and neither should you."

That is the theme of this blog.  Just because Donald Trump "won" the presidency doesn't mean we should give up.  We need to fight harder and get a Democrat in the White House in 2020, provided there is still a US of A then.

1 comment:

  1. Well, first off, thanks for opening this blog, SPHASH!
    But that said, I must admit that at least for now, I am so fed-up with the dire conseequences that this 'president' and his deplorable selected group of a$$hats will bring to our country.
    To be honest, I am scared sh*tless about what the next four years will bring. My hubby is much more hopeful that it won't be as dire,and that rules of law and laws would reign them in, but I already see that that rules are being broken left and right, and his choices are being justified all over by the media. The next four years will be hell for any and all the minorities, except for white males.
    Women in general, any person of color, any person with disabilities, any person with the wrong religion will be in the visors. I have several friends, they will die a very painful death, because they will not be able to afford the medical costs that their insurance is finally providing them. I am hopefully lucky enough not to be too much affected by the Social Security changes these amoral a$$hats have in mind - hoping, they will have some provision of 'grandfathering-in' for us older folks, but I honestly have my doubts about it. Good we have some $$ squirreled away, and we more likely than not now WILL have to leave the country in order to afford to live healthy and more or less comfortable...

    ReplyDelete